Operation of Integrated Landfill and Resource Recovery Center (IL&RRC) Starts in Jessore, Bangladesh
Waste Concern Consultants has designed the country’s first Regional Integrated Landfill and Resource Recovery Facility, a project under the City Regional Development Project of ADB. The design was completed by Waste Concern Consultants in 2016. Recently in the month of November 2019, the facility has gone into trial run. The facility has following units:
– Waste Sorting Unit (mechanized) with capacity of 1/2 ton/hour
– Composting (box system with forced aeration) and mechanical dryer. (20 Tons/day)
– Biogas plant with electricity generation units.(18 Tons/day)
– FSM treatment with co-composting facility. (10 M3/day)
– Controlled landfill unit with collection and treatment of leachate.
Moreover, the facility has a weighing bridge facility, repair shop, washing facility for vehicles and office facilities.